Development of The Tuskegee Syphilis Sociology Discussion Homework Help
Development of The Tuskegee Syphilis Sociology
1. What are your thoughts about the following statement?
"A central justification for the development of the Tuskegee syphilis study was the racialization of health by White physicians. Fascination of the intersection between Blacks, sex, and disease underscored the experiment. The Anglo view on Blacks’ sexuality is based on the theory that Blacks developed degeneratively from their White counterparts; as a result, Blacks were inherently, primitively hypersexual."
2. In what ways was the Tuskegee Syphilis study unethical?
3. How were participants and others harmed as a function of this research?
4. What could have been done to ensure the study/researchers remained ethical?
5. Psychological science and research has yielded many incidents of illegal, exploitative, manipulative, racist, oppressive, and unethical human experimentation on marginalized, underserved, and underrepresented groups, communities, and populations. How do you see the issues of race, sex, and power play out in the Tuskegee study
6. What are the ethical and long-term implications of this research? (For example, you may discuss how you think this may play a role in the lives of Black Americans today, in the context of medical/physical/mental health care, etc.).
also response to another student is required.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com